Having your own website is one way to earn extra income. In fact, this can be your main source of income if this becomes successful. However, you should understand that success does not happen overnight. You need to work hard to achieve it. And for your website to become successful, it is very important to gain traffic. This means that people are visiting your website and eventually buy products or services that you offer.
It is best to gain traffic the right way. Do not be deceived with black-hat techniques that promise to give you large traffic in an instant. You do not want to cheat your way around because the tendency is that you will gain traffic which are actually bots or useless traffic. What you and every website owner should be aiming for is legit traffic – real people who are interested in products and services your site offers.
In this article, we will discuss some useful tips to increase your website traffic the right way.
- Choose a domain name that is easy to remember – your domain name should be simple and easy for users to type in their browser. The domain should be easy to spell as you do not want to lose traffic because they have typed in wrong URL.
- Do market and keyword research – it is advisable to study the market and see who your competitors are and what they are doing. You can use domain whois to see information about particular domain name or you can register directly to competitor’s site to check how it works. It is also best to research the keywords that you will target so you can focus on those and eventually rank in search engines in those keywords and category. That way, your target audience will be able to see your site when they search for those keywords.
- Keep your homepage clean and simple – your homepage should instantly explain to the visitors what your website is about and what they should do next. It is best to keep it simple and direct to the point. Do not put too many words and long paragraphs as you only have a few minutes or even seconds to capture the attention of your visitors.
- Come up with interesting and useful content – your website should offer high quality and useful content. It can be an article, videos, images or other stuff that your visitors will find interesting. Also, be sure to update with new content regularly.
- Respond to comments on your site – visitors want to feel acknowledged so it is a good practice to reply to their comments or enquiries. You should make sure to send reply within 24-hour period so they know that you care for them and that your website is actually run by real people and not just a dummy site.
- Link your official social media accounts – social media contributes a lot to success of products and brands. You should link your official social media accounts to your website and vice versa. This way, you will gain more followers, traffic and likes.
- Launch some promotions – lastly, you can come up with promotions to gain more subscribers or followers. You can tie up this promotion with different social networking sites.
It is important to work hard on your website to increase traffic and eventually sales. Make sure to follow the tips that we discussed here.