Setting up your own website have many advantages. However, it is important to work hard to make this a success. For any website owner, the first goal is to gain traffic. Once you have significant traffic volume to your website, you can then start setting up other goals like building an email list, monetising the site, accept sponsored posts and so on. Thus, it is very important to make an effort to improve your website to attract more readers and loyal followers.
In this article, we will share some tips on how to improve your site to gain more traffic.
- Choose a name that is easy to spell and remember – the name of your website is very important and can be a crucial factor in achieving success. You should choose a unique name with easy recall – something that can be remembered easily by people. Also, you should make sure to choose a name that is easy to spell. You do not want people to be typing incorrect URL and eventually be redirected to another website.
- Choose a reliable hosting service – web hosting is another key component of a successful website. Choosing the best and most reliable wordpress hosting can increase traffic, improve SEO and eventually sales. You should choose a hosting site that is fast, with high uptime percentage, easy to manage control panel and most important of all, they should have 24/7 support team to assist you in case you encounter issue.
- Make your homepage neat and simple – in terms of the appearance of your site, be sure to make your homepage neat and direct to the point. Do not confuse your visitors with a homepage that has too many elements like videos, graphics, long paragraphs and so on. You should instead present a clear overview of what the website is about and what they should expect. It would be great to have a formidable CTA button so visitors know what to do next.
- Publish relevant content – content will always be king. You should come up with relevant content to publish on your site. You must offer something useful for your readers to capture their attention and eventually they will keep coming back. You can come up with different types of content including articles, infographics or videos. It is a good practice to publish fresh content at least twice a week. Also, do not forget to publish important pages like Contact Us and About Us page as readers want to know about the company or the website owner.
- Feature links to your social networking accounts – lastly, include links to your social media accounts like Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and others. This will help gain followers.You should also promote your website to your social media accounts to invite others to visit the site.
Success does not happen overnight. You should be patient when it comes to starting your own website. Make sure to follow the tips that we discussed in this post and soon, you will be able to gain more and more traffic to your site. Lastly, do not forget to continuously make an effort to improve your website.